Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Need To Vent

I'm depressed and I need to vent. NO, I didn't say "I need vents" (which would required a torch), I said I need TO vent!

One of my fellow Lodi Sunrise Rotarians took me to the Raider game last friday, then to San Juan Capistrano. On Monday he was supposed to drop me off at Governor Susan's office for more fun and adventure, but he never did.

I've been sitting in this dark cardboard box since Sunday, and to be honest I don't know where I am! Occasionally I hear the sounds of "Herb Alpert and his Tijuanna Brass", and get a whiff of Menudo in the morning, but other than that I have no clue where I am.

Thank goodness for this Blackberry device. I can at least send emails and surf the web, so long as my battery holds out (and its almost dead)! My emails to my "captor" have gone unanswered, and I'm stuck here.

Governor Susan is wondering where I am. She keeps texting me but I told her I can't get there all by myself. I'm a bell! I don't have thumbs, much less hands! If it weren't for Voice-to-Text technology, I wouldn't be able to even use this Blackberry!

What REALLY chaps my brass is that I COULD be travelling with Governor Susan, meeting all kinds of nice curvy bells throughout the district, and getting "buffed". But instead, I'm stuck in this box! Not only is my "captor" cutting into my fun time, he's cutting into my LOVE LIFE!

And do you know how hard it is for a single bell to get "buffed" these days?

I hope my "captor" will get me to Governor Susan soon, or at least give me to someone who CARES! I was really looking forward to getting "busy in the bellfry" this week!

Yours in Rotary,
Da Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment