Monday, October 31, 2011

When The Prez Is Away, The Bell Will Play

October 17th, 2011

Happy Rotary tidings to everyone!
As it is said, “in the face of adversity you find out who your true friends are…” -Bob Gross (not really, but he is old enough he could have said that)

El Jeffe goes on vacation and does not even think of asking me to ride along with his family on vacation. Well, I enjoy Legoland - Imagine... (cause that is what you will have to do!) my picture with the replica of my hero the cracked Philly Bell -or- imagine a picture of me at Disneyland with Minnie Mouse -or- just imagine a picture of me, "The best darn Lodi Sunrise Rotary Bell" nestled between the nurturing bosom of a Las Vegas Showgirl….

Thanks for asking, El Jeffe… oh that’s right, you only thought of yourself on this trip, I was not asked to go along!

So thank god for the fine Rotarians in our club who took it upon themselves to build good will and better friendships in my moment of despair to bring me out of darkness and let me “shine” at a regular Rotary meeting… What a treat! Good Times, Good Friends and so happy to be back at the Country Club!


I was also included in several Rotarian dinner parties, now I would love to show all the pictures but I am afraid that 1) there might have been “some” alcohol involved and 2) I might have "mixed it up" with a bottle of Bell Vineyards Cabernet, if you know what I mean and 3) I would implicate “guiltless” people and get them fined, which is that last thing I would want to do. Especially, since I was so happy, just to be included as a Rotarian, for once.


…So El Jeffe, you go about your daily life, thinking about yourself (normal), sitting in your favorite chair(that's right), eating your Cheetos(I can see your orange stained fingers now), playing your video games(get a life!)…. don’t feel bad about me, I am just fine, I have my friends at Rotary…

"The best darn Lodi Sunrise Rotary Bell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment